Dec 16, 2004 2:46am
Process of Becoming LMA Gold Medalion Members
1. Crap your pants cause you have found one of the greatest websites on earth
2. Immediately check out all the band and realize that a favorite band isn't located on the wondeful website and you want to know why...
3. Ignore Faqs (this one is really important cause it leads into number 4)
4. Post something like --- This website has all these other bands why isn't New Kids on the BLock here - they were extremely tape friendly
5. Congrats you are now a LMA freshman cause you will get hazed and flamed through a reply like - its a government conspiracy, or not even a response JUST A LINK to an FAQ (now this may piss you off, but then...
6. you do (a little) research and find out policies and what not and may learn a thing or two, maybe even a lesson...but...
7. You quickly realize that shns aren't compatible to your burner, and post a question like "i think the show is corrupt - i did everything i was supposed to and now the show won't burn"
8. YOu realize that you should have never posted that cause you get a link to http://www.etree.org/mkw.html
9. you are in HEAVEN downloading shows all the time even before you go to bed, getting up early to (convert and) burn shows for your drive to work or school...
10. YOu think, " Well the flames werent too bad and i am going to redeem myself" and quickly post your utmost dedication to this site and say how awesome it is to have found it and are so greatfull to the people who founded it and all those who contribute especially the bands for allowing there shows posted ( forget NewKids - i don;t even like them anymore)
11. All is forgiven and you are now a Bronze Card carrier...
12. YOu lay low for a little while downloading shows writing reviews and responding to posts. You start getting interested in how many shows are uploaded each month and how many artists welcome the LMA...you may even post a prediction of when a big turning point will be reached like 1000 bands or 20000 shows - this is just a freshman act of your past, but must acted upon, - get over it quickly
13. You realize that you must tell all your friends, and local bands that you see, but you quickly see the downfall...you are reminded of your past as you see newbie posts exponentially posted and frankly you are sick of replying to others on how to unzip a damn zip file (by the way http://www.winzip.com/
- the zip program that comes with windows isnt always that great...you try freeing up some hard drive space...???
14. You think I must save this place from infestation and humor yourself to death by writing witty replies to these awful newbie posts
15. you take a deep breath
16. YOu realize that you can't change the world so you might as well ignore these horendous posts and start contributing more - you trade and upload shows you might even donate some money
17 WHAT!!! error with metadata...i must ask why my show wasnt uploaded properly and is my SCI still waiting to be approved??? its been 2 hours!, but a light bulb goes off and you immediatley go to the FAQ
18. Congrats you are now a silver medallion member
most people can't get passed this stage...sorry
19. you form a band, become tape friendly, and allow people to upload your shows...(you think just anyone can become a gold member)
- or you become a top contributer or curator...(top downloaders don;t count)
19a. eventually the newbies learn the ways of the gold medallion members and without taking the proper steps announce themselves gold medallion member ( without even reading this post on the FAQ page!!!)
20. the whole system comes crashing down...
I am still on step number 14...wait nope 15 ahhhhhhhhhh
that felt great...